Discover. Experience. Be Inspired.
Arts and culture play an important role in the intellectual and creative lives of our students.
As a center of lifelong learning, the de Saisset Museum supports Santa Clara University's goal of educating the whole person through engaging objects of art & history, thought-provoking exhibitions & programs, and dynamic educational opportunities for students ranging from course projects to direct work experiences.
Each academic year, in addition to our permanent exhibition California Stories, the de Saisset Museum:
- Presents 3-5 temporary exhibitions
- Organizes artist lectures, panel discussions, and exhibition walk-throughs
- Provides tours led by our California History Docent Council
- Facilitates SCU classroom connections to our exhibitions and permanent collection of over 13,000 objects of art and history
- Programs student nights, community days, and hands-on workshops
- Employs SCU students who support the museum in multiple areas: visitor services, exhibition research & installation, programming, marketing, and work with the permanent collection
Your support of the California History Fund enables us to continue to expand the California Stories exhibition and related resources for SCU students and the greater community. Donations to the Inouye Fund help support, in part, our other exhibition offerings, which provide connections to multiple disciplines and audiences.
Contributions to the Museum’s Discretionary Fund support programmatic developments, enhanced classroom connections, and our overall ability to support student learning, including the accessibility of our permanent collection as we embark on a project to digitize our permanent collection so it is available online to students, and the public, as a searchable database.
Your financial support of the de Saisset Museum on this Day of Giving ensures we can continue deepening these connections to students’ learning and their overall student experience. Please join us in strengthening the de Saisset as a site of discovery, experience, and inspiration.