Go All In for the LEAD Scholars Program!
Support first-generation college success at SCU and beyond!
First-generation college students deserve an equitable college experience. The LEAD Scholars Program builds relationships based on trust and respect by fostering a safe and welcoming space for our students. Through academic courses, advising, social events, vocational exploration, networking, community outreach, funding, leadership opportunities, and alumni engagement, the LEAD Scholars Program supports student success in college and beyond.
- Have high financial need. 68% of them are low income students.
- Are high achievers. 83% graduate in four years, higher than the general SCU population.
- Are diverse. 66% are Latinx, 15% Asian, 3% African American, 7% White, and 5% Multiracial.
Your donation will make an impact by funding:
- Scholarships to provide students with funding for tuition, room and board, and other school expenses.
- Microgrants to help students with emergency and living expenses, including replacing broken computers, rent and food.
- Fellowships to fund student participation in study abroad, undergraduate research, unpaid internships, community-based learning, immersion programs, summer school and other opportunities.
LEAD Scholars share how LEAD funding has impacted them:
"The LEAD Scholars Program has been like an extended family on campus. As a student who works multiple part-time jobs, the LEAD Scholarship helped me continue attending SCU!" --Dominic '19; received a scholarship to fund his SCU tuition
"Having hands-on training in cardiothoracic surgery as an undergraduate, something not even medical students have the opportunity to do, introduced me to another side of medicine. And now I am reassured that medicine is my calling. This would not have happened without the generous funding of a LEAD Fellowship." --Iaisha ‘19; received a LEAD Fellowship to participate in a cardiothoracic training program